These are wild times. Here at the farm we want to continue to feed our community and do our part to help keep you healthy every way we can. We're taking extra precautions with additional bin and barn sterilization, hand washing, and harvest/post-harvest sanitation above and beyond our normal protocol. Roberto and I are the only two people harvesting, washing, packing and delivering the produce at this time of year. We are all healthy on the farm thus far, and we're all observing the CDC recommendations about social distancing.
As of now, we intend to continue with our every-other-week winter/spring harvest schedule. We will be packing CSA shares as usual. We encourage CSA members to observe these guidelines:
- If there are other people at your pickup location or in the barn we encourage you to give each other ample space.
- As always, please wash your produce when you get it home.
- If you are ill, please stay home. Send a friend to pick up your produce instead.
For farmstand customers, please note we are temporarily altering our farmstand system to reduce potential exposure for our customers.
Effective April 1st :
- The farmstand will switch to a pre-order, “to-go” system. There will no longer be any produce available for drop-in shopping.
- Rather than having customers pick out their produce in person, we will email our customers a list of availability the weekend before through our online ordering platform, Cropolis. **If you want to receive our produce availability list, please EMAIL US so we have your contact info!** We will only be emailing the availability list to people who give us their email address for this express purpose. Please note: produce is limited at this time of year and our production is scaled to meet the demand of our core winter clientele. That means we do not have the capacity to take on a lot of new customers right now. We will be filling orders for our regular winter farmstand clientele first. If you do not typically shop the farmstand in the winter, we will put you on a second list so that we can contact you once the produce is more abundant. Thanks for your understanding as we grapple with unprecedented demand during the leanest time of our season.
- You will need to place your order via Cropolis by Sunday night. It’s simple and user friendly.
- We will pack orders into new paper grocery bags and have them ready for drive-thru pickup at our barn on Wednesday from 10 am to 1 pm. Orders will continue to be available for self-serve pick-up until 4 pm, but we encourage you to come between 10 and 1 if at all possible to minimize foot traffic in our barn.
- An invoice will be attached to your order. If the farmstand is staffed when you arrive, please pay the cashier with cash or check (do not make your check out in advance in case your final total varies from the initial order receipt you get via email). If you arrive after our staffed hours, please find your order in one of the green bins laid out on the tables in the barn and leave payment in the Honor Box as usual.
- Like shopping the farmstand, produce will be packed based on the order the emails are received, so you may not get all the items you ordered if we run out of a given thing. We’ll do our best!
Thanks for your support of the farm through this challenging time. We're here to support your good health in every way we can!