Seasonal Field and Harvest-Hand Position Available at Valley Flora
Valley Flora is seeking a hard-working, motivated individual to join our team for the 2020 farm season from May to mid-October, with potential for a longer-term position at the farm. We are a thriving, highly diversified fresh market farm that has been selling vegetables, berries, flowers and orchard fruit to local markets on the southern Oregon coast since 1998. We are a multi-generational, women-owned business and we farm using organic practices exclusively.
- Help with weekly harvests for our 100-member CSA, farmstand, and our restaurant and store (direct sale) accounts;
- Help with wash and packout of produce for CSA, farmstand and direct sale orders;
- Help with weekly fieldwork, including, but not limited to, transplanting, weeding and plant care.
Our farm operates with a very lean, efficient crew so a successful applicant will:
- Have a keen awareness of efficiency in their work; know how to hustle; be good at working under time pressure.
- Have a positive attitude, even when the going gets tough. Maintain a good outlook under occasionally uncomfortable working conditions and long hours, and enjoy working outside in heat, cold, rain, mud, and dust.
- Be constantly striving to achieve both quality and speed in their work.
- Have a history of doing physical work/manual labor, ideally with experience on a farm. Be in strong physical condition and able to repeatedly squat, bend, lift and carry 40-50 pounds.
- Avoid drama in the workplace and resolve issues in a mature manner.
- Openly receive constructive criticism and feedback on the job and make changes to work habits accordingly.
- Listen well to instructions and carry out tasks as directed.
- Be organized and a creative problem solver.
- Be honest, positive, responsible, committed, conscientious, and prompt.
Hours: Average 30-35 hours/week on roughly the following schedule:
- Mondays, approx 6 hours, start time somewhat flexible.
- Tuesdays 7:30 am to 6 pm
- Thursdays, approx. 6-7 hours, start time somewhat flexible
- Fridays 7:30 am to 5 pm
Compensation: Starting wage $11:50/hr to $13/hr, DOE, with opportunities for performance-based raises. All employees have access to farm produce throughout the season.
To Apply: Send a cover letter explaining your interest in working for Valley Flora and the skill set you would bring to this job. Include a current resume and 3 references. Please email your application to firstname.lastname@example.org by March 16th, 2020. Thanks for your interest!