- 4 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 3 globe artichokes, trimmed and halved lengthwise
- 1 1/4 cups dry white wine
- 3 whole sprigs fresh mint or thyme
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
1. Heat the olive oil in a heavy saucepan over medium heat.
2. Add the garlic and sauté, stirring, for about 30 seconds.
3. Add the artichokes and toss until they're coated with oil.
4. Add the wine, mint or thyme, salt, and pepper. Bring to a boil.
5. Cover, reduce heat to medium-low, and simmer for 20 minutes.
6. Discard the thyme (if using).
7. Transfer the artichokes to a plate, drizzle them with pan juices, and serve.
Adapted from epicurious.com