Valley Flora CSA Pick-Up Protocol:
Specific information about each of our CSA pick-up locations is listed below. Please read through all of this info and share it with anyone who might be picking up on your behalf throughout the season. It will help things go more smoothly for everyone at your pick-up site!
Given ongoing concerns about COVID-19 transmission this year, we request that all members observe these guidelines at their pickup site:
- If you are ill or showing any symptoms, please stay home. Send a healthy friend to pick up your produce instead.
- Please wear a mask while you are picking up your produce, every time.
- Please wash or sanitize your hands before handling the CSA totes and coolers at your pickup location.
- If there are other people at your pickup location we encourage you to give each other ample space, 6' whenever possible.
- As always, please wash your produce when you get it home.
Thank you for showing this consideration to your fellow CSA members and doing your part to help keep our community healthy!
When you arrive at your pick-up site:
- All Harvest Basket members and Salad Share members are listed on the clipboard at your pickup site.
- Pack your share out of the Rubbermaid tote and into your own bag(s) at the pick-up site. Do not take the tote home! If you take your tote home with you, we won’t have enough totes to pack shares into the following week.
- If you are splitting a share, unpack all of the produce from the tote. Do not leave a partial share in a tote for your share partner (someone else might accidentally end up with the partial share instead of their full share). If you are leaving bags of produce for your share partner, label the bags clearly with his/her name and set them to the side.
- Leave your tote at the pick-up site in a tidy stack. Totes can nest inside one another; all lids should be placed together inside an empty tote..
SALAD SHARES will be in separate labeled red coolers at each pick-up site. ONLY TAKE SALAD IF YOU HAVE PAID FOR A SALAD SHARE, and be sure you take the correct size bag (half pound versus full pound). Full pound shares have white twist ties, half pounders have red twist ties.
If you will be out of town, arrange to have a friend pick up your share. Please forward them the info on this page to ensure we don't have any mix-ups! Unclaimed shares will be donated to a local food pantry after the designated pick-up time.
If you need special arrangements please be in touch with the contact person for your pick-up site, listed below. We'll do our best to accomodate you if at all possible.
PICKUP LOCATION DETAILS
Location: 980 2nd St. SE, Bandon, at Well Within Acupuncture and Herbal Clinic. Located next door to the Wool Company, across from Mother’s.
Time: SATURDAYS, 10:30 am - 5 pm. First pickup: June 6th, 2020
Contact: Zoë Bradbury DeSurra - Email or text 541-551-0314
- Pick-up will be on the shady south porch of Well Within Acupuncture and Herbal Clinic.
- The pick-up will be unattended. Please follow the general guidelines outlined above in order to keep the site tidy and running smoothly.
- Feel free to park in the clinic parking lot while you get your produce, accessible from 3rd St. or off of Hwy. 101 (2nd St.)
- We strongly encourage you to pick up your produce as early as possible on Saturdays, after 10:30 am, to ensure freshness. We cannot be held responsible for any produce that goes missing from the porch after 5 pm on Saturday. We do not advise waiting until Sunday to pick up your produce; things have disappeared from the porch overnight in the past. Unclaimed shares will be donated at the clinic.
Location: 353 S 2nd St, at Coos Head Food Co-op
Time: WEDNESDAYS, 12:00 pm - 7:00 pm. First pick-up: June 3rd, 2020
Contact: Coos Head Food Co-op, main number: 541.756.7264
- Pick-up will be inside Coos Head Food Co-op, at the front of the store.
- Store staff will be there during pick-up hours to help members claim their shares.
Location: Port Orford Community Coop, 812 Oregon Street
Time: SATURDAYS, 8:30 am to 5 pm. First pick-up: June 6th, 2020
Contact: Coop: 541-366-2067; Zoë Bradbury DeSurra, Email or text 541-551-0314
- Pickup will be on the back loading dock/porch of the coop, on the east side of the building.
- Harvest Basket Members: After you have emptied your tote, please stack it behind the outdoor walk-in cooler, on the north side of the building. Please place lids in a separate tote next to the empty totes. Thanks!
- Salad Share Members: If you are the last person to take your salad share out of the marked cooler(s), please carry the empty cooler behind the walk-in and leave it with the empty Harvest Basket totes. Thanks!
- We strongly encourage you to pick up your produce as early as possible on Saturdays, after 8:30 am, to ensure freshness. We cannot be held responsible for any produce that goes missing from the porch after 5 pm on Saturday. We do not advise waiting until Sunday to pick up your produce; things have disappeared from the porch overnight in the past. Any produce that is still unclaimed by Sunday morning will go to the co-op. They will not be offering late pickups from their cooler.
Location: Valley Flora, 1.5 miles up Floras Creek Road, Langlois
Time: WEDNESDAYS 8 am - 4 pm. First pick-up: June 3rd, 2020
Contact: Zoë Bradbury DeSurra - Email or text 541-551-0314
- Directions: At mile 1.5, Floras Creek Road takes a 90 degree turn to the right and crosses Floras Creek. Immediately afterwards you will see a pull-out on your LEFT.
- Park nose-in in the pull-out. Please DO NOT drive into the field and DO NOT block the farm driveway.
- Pickup will be under the myrtle tree to your LEFT after you walk through the farm gate.
- The regular farmstand will not be in operation so it will only be CSA members coming and going under the tree, with the occasional flower u-picker passing by. Strawbery U-Pick will be on the other side of the road, but the parking area will be shared with u-pickers.
- Unclaimed shares will be taken back to our cooler at 4 pm. If you missed your pickup, text Zoë at the number above. You will have a second opportunity to pick up your share on Friday between 3 pm and 5 pm at our barn. Please do not self-serve pickup from our cooler at any other time; we are trying to reduce outside traffic in the barn due to COVID-19. Any shares unclaimed by Friday will be donated to the Common Good foodbank in Port Orford.