Valley Flora CSA Pick-Up Protocol:
Specific information about each of our CSA pick-up locations is listed below. Please read through all of this info and share it with anyone who might be picking up on your behalf throughout the season. It will help things go more smoothly for everyone at your pick-up site!
When you arrive at your pick-up site:
- All Harvest Basket members and Salad Share members are listed on the clipboard at your pickup site.
- Pack your share out of the Rubbermaid tote and into your own bag(s) at the pick-up site. Do not take the tote home! If you take your tote home with you, we won’t have enough totes to pack shares into the following week.
- If you are splitting a share, unpack all of the produce from the tote. Do not leave a partial share in a tote for your share partner (someone else might accidentally end up with the partial share instead of their full share). If you are leaving bags of produce for your share partner, label the bags clearly with his/her name and set them to the side.
- Leave your tote at the pick-up site in a tidy stack. Totes can nest inside one another; all lids should be placed together inside an empty tote..
SALAD SHARES will be in separate labeled red coolers at each pick-up site. ONLY TAKE SALAD IF YOU HAVE PAID FOR A SALAD SHARE, and be sure you take the correct size bag (half pound versus full pound). Full pound shares have white twist ties, half pounders have red twist ties.
If you will be out of town, arrange to have a friend pick up your share. Please forward them the info on this page to ensure we don't have any mix-ups! Unclaimed shares will be donated to a local food pantry after the designated pick-up time.
If you need special arrangements please be in touch with the contact person for your pick-up site, listed below. We'll do our best to accomodate you if at all possible.
PICKUP LOCATION DETAILS
Location: 980 2nd St. SE, Bandon, at Well Within Acupuncture and Herbal Clinic. Located next door to the Wool Company, across from Mother’s.
Time: SATURDAYS, 10:30 am - 5 pm. First pickup: June 4th, 2022
Contact: Zoë Bradbury DeSurra - Email or text 541-551-0314
- Pick-up will be on the shady south porch of Well Within Acupuncture and Herbal Clinic.
- The pick-up will be unattended. Please follow the general guidelines outlined above in order to keep the site tidy and running smoothly.
- Please find parking on 3rd street, NOT in the clinic parking lot. Clinic practitioners are seeing patients on Saturdays and we need to leave the parking lot spaces for their patients.
- We strongly encourage you to pick up your produce as early as possible on Saturdays, after 10:30 am, to ensure freshness. We cannot be held responsible for any produce that goes missing from the porch after 5 pm on Saturday. We do not advise waiting until Sunday to pick up your produce; things have disappeared from the porch overnight in the past. Unclaimed shares will be donated by 4:30 pm on Sunday.
Location: 353 S 2nd St, at Coos Head Food Co-op
Time: WEDNESDAYS, 12:00 pm - 7:00 pm. First pick-up: June 1st, 2022
Contact: Coos Head Food Co-op, main number: 541.756.7264
- Pick-up will be inside Coos Head Food Co-op.
- Store staff will be there during pick-up hours to help members claim their shares.
- If you miss your pickup, contact Coos Head Food Co-op directly at the number above and they will hold your produce in their walk-in cooler until Thursday.
Location: Port Orford Community Coop, 812 Oregon Street
Time: SATURDAYS, 8:30 am to 5 pm. First pick-up: June 4th, 2022
Contact: Coop: 541-366-2067; Zoë Bradbury DeSurra, Email or text 541-551-0314
- Pickup will be on the back loading dock/porch of the coop, on the east side of the building.
- Harvest Basket Members: After you have emptied your tote, please stack it in the shed behind the outdoor walk-in cooler, on the north side of the building. Please place lids in a separate tote next to the empty totes. Thanks!
- Salad Share Members: If you are the last person to take your salad share out of the marked cooler(s), please carry the empty cooler behind the walk-in and leave it with the empty Harvest Basket totes. Thanks!
- We strongly encourage you to pick up your produce as early as possible on Saturdays, after 8:30 am, to ensure freshness. We cannot be held responsible for any produce that goes missing from the porch after 5 pm on Saturday. We do not advise waiting until Sunday to pick up your produce; things have disappeared from the porch overnight in the past. Any produce that is still unclaimed by Sunday morning will go to the co-op. They will not be offering late pickups from their cooler.
Location: Valley Flora, 1.5 miles up Floras Creek Road, Langlois
Time: WEDNESDAYS 9 am - 4 pm. First pick-up: June 1st, 2022
Contact: Zoë Bradbury DeSurra - Email or text 541-551-0314
- Directions: At mile 1.5, Floras Creek Road takes a 90 degree turn to the right and crosses Floras Creek. Immediately afterwards you will see a pull-out on your LEFT.
- Park nose-in in the pull-out. Please DO NOT drive into the field and DO NOT block the farm driveway.
- Pickup will be under the myrtle tree to your LEFT after you walk through the farm gate.
- The regular farmstand and U-pick will be in operation this season at the shed between 11:30 and 2:30 on Wednesdays.
- We will be setting up the farmstand from 9 am to 11:30 am, so the gate will be partially open for CSA members only during this time. At 11:30 the gate will open wide.
- Please spray out your emptied tote with the provided hose and create a stack next to the wooden packout table. Put lids in an empty tote, 10-12 lids per tote on end. Thank you!
- Unclaimed shares will be taken back to our cooler at 4 pm. If you missed your pickup, text Zoë at the number above. You will have a second opportunity to pick up your share on Friday afternoon at our barn. Please do not self-serve pickup from our cooler at any other time; we are trying to reduce outside traffic in the barn due to COVID-19. Any shares unclaimed by Friday will be donated to the Common Good foodbank in Port Orford.