Valley Flora Pick-Up Protocol
Please abide by the following guidelines to ensure that pick-up goes smoothly for everyone:
- CHECK YOUR NAME OFF THE LIST on the Harvest Basket clipboard each week.
- PACK YOUR SHARE OUT OF THE RUBBERMAID TOTE AND INTO YOUR OWN BAG(S) AT THE PICK-UP SITE. Do not take the tote home! If you take your tote home with you, we won’t have enough totes to pack shares into the following week.
- IF YOU ARE SPLITTING A SHARE, pack all of the produce out of the tote into bags. Do not leave a partial share in a tote for your share partner (someone else might accidentally end up with the partial share instead of their full share). If you are leaving bags of produce for your share partner, label the bags clearly with his/her name and set them to the side of the totes.
- LEAVE YOUR TOTE AT THE PICK-UP SITE IN A TIDY STACK. Totes can nest inside one another; all lids should be placed together inside an empty tote..
- SALAD SHARES & EGG SHARES will be kept in separate labeled coolers at each pick-up site. ONLY TAKE SALAD OR EGGS IF YOU HAVE PAID FOR A SALAD OR EGG SHARE!
- TAMALE SHARES will be delivered on specified dates each month in a marked cooler. ONLY TAKE TAMALES IF YOU HAVE PAID FOR A TAMALE SHARE!
- FLOWER SHARES will be delivered for 13 weeks, starting at the end of June or early July. ONLY TAKE FLOWERS if YOU HAVE PAID FOR A FLOWER SHARE!
IF YOU WILL BE OUT OF TOWN, ARRANGE TO HAVE A FRIEND PICK UP YOUR SHARE . Unclaimed shares will be donated to a local food pantry after the designated pick-up time. There is usually a 24 hour grace period at each pickup site before food is donated.
IF YOU NEED SPECIAL ARRANGEMENTS, please be in touch with the contact person for your pick-up site, listed above. We'll do our best to accomodate you if at all possible.
Location: 980 2nd St. SE, Bandon, at Well Within Acupuncture and Herbal Clinic. Located next door to the Wool Company, across from Mother’s.
Time: SATURDAYS, 10:30 am (items will be there unattended and unrefrigerated until early Monday morning). First pickup: June 2nd, 2018
Contact: Zoë Bradbury - Email or 541-348-2180
- Pick-up will be on the shady south porch of Well Within Acupuncture and Herbal Clinic.
- The pick-up will be unattended. Please follow the general guidelines outlined above in order to keep the site tidy and running smoothly.
- Feel free to park in the clinic parking lot while you get your produce, accessible from 3rd St. or off of Hwy. 101 (2nd St.)
Location: 632 Anderson Ave, Coos Bay, at the Bay Area Chiropractic Center. Located between 6th and 7th on Anderson, a short walk from the farmer’s market.
Time: WEDNESDAYS, 12:00 pm - 5:00 pm. First pick-up: May 30th, 2018
Contact: Jolene Lanway, 541-260-2671 (mobile), or 541-269-2525 (Dr. Lanway’s Office). Please call Jolene if you need to make special arrangements for pick-up.
- Pick-up will be in the parking lot of the Bay Area Chiropractic Center, inside the shed at the northeast corner of the parking lot.
- An assistant will be there during pick-up hours to help members claim their shares. If you need assistance and no one is around, go to the reception desk of Dr. Lanway’s office.
- Please be courteous about parking in their lot; it is an active doctors’ office. Do not leave your car parked there except to pick up your Valley Flora food.
Location: Port Orford Community Coop, 812 Oregon Street
Time: SATURDAYS, 1 pm (open-ended pickup hours). First pick-up: June 2nd, 2018
Contact: Coop: 541-366-2067; Zoë Bradbury, Email 541-348-2180
- Pickup will be on the back loading dock/porch of the coop, on the east side of the building.
- Harvest Basket Members: After you have emptied your tote, please stack it behind the walk-in cooler, on the north side. Please place lids in a separate tote next to the empty totes. Thanks!
- Eggs & Salad Members: If you are the last person to take your egg and/or salad share out of the marked cooler(s), please place the empty cooler(s) behind the walk-in with the empty Harvest Basket totes. Thanks!
Location: Valley Flora, 1.5 miles up Floras Creek Road, Langlois
Time: WEDNESDAYS 9 am - 4 pm. First pick-up: May 30th, 2018
Contact: Zoë Bradbury - Email or 541-348-2180
- Directions: At mile 1.5, Floras Creek Road takes a 90 degree turn to the right and crosses Floras Creek. Immediately afterwards you will see a pull-out on your LEFT.
- Park nose-in in the pull-out. Please DO NOT drive into the field and DO NOT block the farm driveway.
- Pickup will be under the myrtle tree to your LEFT after you walk through the farm gate.
- Take care around the farm equipment, vehicles, animals, etc. Beware of open valve boxes and uneven ground.
- Please note that on Wednesdays the farm is also open for u-pick and farmstand. It can be busy, especially in the morning!