A simple, easy, and delicious way to enjoy the best flavors of summer: basil & tomatoes!
An array of tomatoes, preferably different colors
A handful of basil
Mozzarella - fresh or packaged
Good olive oil
- Slice your tomatoes about 1/4" thick, into rounds. If the tomatoes are really big, you can cut the rounds in half.
- Slice your mozzarella into rounds, 1/4" thick.
- Arrange your tomatoes atop your mozarella, garnish with a basil leaf (or sliced ribbons of basil, for a slightly less intense flavor)
- Arrange on a plate and drizzle all over with good olive oil and a sprinkle of sea salt.
- Enjoy as an appetizer or center-of-the-plate treat!