- 5 plum tomatoes, each cut lengthwise into 4 slices
- 1/4 pound green beans, trimmed
- 2 tablespoons fresh orange juice
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh lemon juice, or to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly grated orange zest
- a heaping 1/4 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon minced shallot
- 1 cup mixed baby salad greens or torn lettuce leaves
Preheat oven to 450° F. and lightly grease a baking sheet.
Arrange tomatoes in one layer on baking sheet and season with salt and pepper. Roast tomatoes in middle of oven 15 minutes, or until edges are browned, and cool.
While tomatoes are roasting cook beans in salted boiling water 3 minutes, or until crisp-tender. In a colander drain beans and rinse under cold water until cool. Drain beans and pat dry.
In a bowl whisk together juices, zest, mustard, oil, shallot, and salt and pepper to taste.
Arrange tomatoes, overlapping them, on 2 plates and mound mixed baby salad greens and beans on top. Drizzle salads with vinaigrette. Serves 2 as a first course or side dish.