An exciting new development in our local food scene! Read on, and if you are interested in signing up for a seafood share, contact Stephanie Webb at firstname.lastname@example.org, or call 541.332.0627.
FRESH, LOCAL, SUSTAINABLE SEAFOOD FROM PORT ORFORD FISHING BOATS to YOUR TABLE!
Port Orford Sustainable Seafood (POSS) is starting a Community Supported Fishery (CSF) for the residents of Oregon’s south coast. Similar to Community Supported Agriculture (CSA) programs in which customers purchase shares of fresh, local, seasonal produce, a CSF provides communities with fresh, local, sustainably-harvested seafood.
You make a commitment to the fishing season by pre-paying upfront, and then reap the rewards every other Wednesday! We offer CSA-style bi-monthly shares of fresh, local, sustainable seafood to our members. Our seafood is straight from our boats to your table, leaving no question about where your fish is from and more importantly, how it was caught. We are currently accepting new members! To sign up for the CSF please email email@example.com or call 541.332.0627 to get your first share on March 7th, 2012!
- POSS believes that HEALTHY SEAFOOD comes from healthy oceans and healthy communities.
- We recognize that investment in both conservation and the LOCAL FISHING ECONOMY supports sustainable fisheries.
BENEFITS to joining include:
- knowing your fishermen and supporting the LOCAL ECONOMY
- FRESHER SEAFOOD, the closest thing to catching the fish yourself
- local RECIPES AND TIPS on preparation
OUR SEAFOOD includes Pacific Halibut, Lingcod, Blackcod, Cabazon, Chinook Salmon, Pacific Albacore Tuna & 20 varieties of rockfish
HOW are we SUSTAINABLE?
- Our seafood is harvested using sustainable methods, hook and line gear.
- We provide you with traceability of fish products from point of capture to your plate.
- Our producers are family-owned fishing vessels less than 40 feet in length.