This is a great way to enjoy any and all root vegetables, particularly when they're as colorful as beets and rainbow carrots are.
1 bunch carrots, cut into 1/2 inch pieces
1 fennel bulb, cut into even thick slices
1 bunch or 1.5 pounds beets, cut into 1/2 inch pieces
Any other seasonal roots: potatoes, sweet potatoes, celeriac, parsnips, etc., cut into even 1/2 inch cubes.
Glug of olive oil
Rosemary, thyme, oregano, marjoram - any combination of herbs, dried or fresh
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Mix all the cubed roots together. Coat evenly with a good glug of olive oil, a good sprinkle of salt, and the herbs (chopped if using fresh). Toss well.
- Spread out evenly on a cookie sheet.
- Bake at 425 for 20-30 minutes, checking frequently and turning with a spatula to prevent sticking. Cook until a little bit crispy and golden.
- Taste for salt and other seasonings. Enjoy plain, or with ketchup or hot sauce. Also great with eggs, like hashbrowns.