- 3/4 cup French green lentils
- 6 cups 1-inch pieces peeled seeded pumpkin
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon hot paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 4 cups greens or torn lettuce leaves
- 1 cup soft goat cheese, crumbled
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced mint leaves
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
Place lentils in small bowl. Cover with cold water and soak 10 minutes; drain.
Cook lentils in boiling salted water until tender but firm, about 30 minutes. Drain lentils. Rinse under cold water, then drain.
Preheat oven to 375°F. Place pumpkin in large bowl; toss with 2 tablespoons oil, cumin, paprika, and sea salt. Arrange pumpkin in single layer on baking sheet; roast 20 minutes. Turn pumpkin over. Roast until tender, 10 to 15 minutes. Cool.
Combine lentils, pumpkin, and oil from baking sheet with greens, half of goat cheese, mint, vinegar, and 1 tablespoon oil. Season with salt and pepper. Divide among plates; sprinkle remaining goat cheese over.
Adapted from epicurious.com