When Are We Open?
Our farmstand operates seasonally on the following schedule (more or less):
- Spring: we start our season sometime in spring and the farmstand is open every-other-Wednesday from 11:30 am to 2:30 pm
- By June 1st we are usually open every Wednesday from 11:30 am to 2:30 pm.
- By mid-June we add Saturdays to the schedule and are then open every Wednesday and Saturday from 11:30 am to 2:30 pm, through October
- Fall: November through mid-December we are open every Saturday from 11:30 am to 2:30 pm, plus the Wednesday before Thanksgiving.
- Winter: We take a little break and then re-open the farmstand at some point in the spring, weather depending.
How Do I Shop?
There are two ways to get our farmstand produce, and anyone is welcome to shop! You do not need to be a CSA member and there is no waiting list to join.
- Pre-order it online, or
- Swing by and drop in to shop when we're open. The farmstand is located 1.5 miles up Floras Creek Road at the shed just after the bridge. Directions.
If you pre-order you'll have access to our full array of seasonally available produce, which changes every week. There is usually a smaller selection available for drop-in shopping. For pre-orders we use a web platform called Local Line that allows you to place your order from our webstore. We then custom-harvest and pack your order and have it waiting for you on your farmstand pickup day. You can also do both: place a pre-order and then buy more produce from the display when you come to pick up your order.
If you’d like to shop with us and haven’t registered an account with Local Line, it’s quick and easy. Simply follow the instructions below to set up your account. Once you do that you will begin to receive our weekly availability emails with a link to our “store.” You can also go directly to our Local Line store to check it out: https://valley-flora.localline.ca/farmstand
How to Pre-Order:
You can shop our online store as a guest, or you can register your own account with Local Line. Here's how (it's easy):
- Go to https://valley-flora.localline.ca/farmstand to view our store.
- Click "Register" on the right side of the page.
- Set up your account by providing your email address, password, name, phone number and address.
- Accept the terms and conditions,
- Click the green button, "Creat Your Account"
- Start shopping!
- Once you register, you'll start getting our weekly availability emails (Thursday morning for the Wednesday farmstand; Monday morning for the Saturday farmstand).
- The ordering window for our Wednesday farmstand opens on Thursday morning by 9 am until Sunday night at 8 pm. Farmstead Bread is available on Wednesdays only.
- The ordering window for our Saturday farmstand opens on Monday morning by 9 am until Wednesday night at 8 pm.
- There is a $20 minimum on orders. The "Place Order" button will not appear until you have met the $20 minimum.
You can always access our Local Line store by clicking the "Order Farmstand Produce" button on the left sidebar of our homepage or going directly to https://valley-flora.localline.ca/farmstand.
Thanks for your support of the farm and your passion for eating local, seasonal produce!
The strawberry u-pick usually opens by mid to late June. Flower u-pick typically opens in July.
Our u-pick is limited to flowers & strawberries only. We are open on Wednesdays and Saturdays starting at 11:30 am until 2:30 pm, or until the patch is picked out, whichever happens first. The u-pick will be open only as long as there is ripe fruit to pick each day; once it's picked out we will close. Apologies that we can't promise an exact range of open picking hours.
- We provide a scale for weighing out.
- We accept cash, checks and Farm Direct Nutrition coupons as payment. We cannot run credit cards due to our rural, offline location.
- Please park nose-in at the pull-out. Do not block the farm entrance and do not drive into the field.
- No pets
- No smoking
- No potable water available.
- Leave no trace: please take your trash home with you; there is no garbage service at the farm.
Availability: Typically June - October (check our homepage for updates & availability)
Availability: July - October
Flower Prices: $3.50/small tube, $8/large tube