In This Week’s Beet Box:
- Our Thanksgiving Delivery Schedule - Mark your Calendars!
- Winter Farmstand Going Strong
- The VF Crystal Ball: What to expect in your Thanksgiving Share
In your share this week:
- Pac choi
- Yellow Finn Potatoes
- Hakurei turnips
- Delicata winter squash
This means that some pickup sites will receive it this week; others next week or in a future week.
Nothing this week….
Our Thanksgiving Delivery Schedule - Mark your Calendars!
WE WILL DELIVER ALL HARVEST BASKETS ON WEDNESDAY, NOVEMBER 27th
There will be NO DELIVERY to PORT ORFORD on Friday, November 29th.
There will be NO DELIVERY to BANDON on Saturday, November 30th.
We do this for two reasons:
- To ensure that everyone gets their food in time for Thanksgiving
- To give ourselves a brief holiday from harvest and delivery during Thanksgiving celebrations.
These are the specific times for pickup at each location on Wednesday, November 27th:
- Valley Flora: unchanged – 9 am to 5 pm
- Coos Bay: unchanged – 12 pm to 3 pm
- Bandon: Wednesday, 11/27, starting at 12 noon (no end time)
- Port Orford: Wednesday, 11/27, starting at 10 am (all day)
If you will be out of town for the holiday and won’t be able to pick up your Thanksgiving tote, we are happy to hold it for you in our walk-in cooler until you return. To make special arrangements with us, please email us
- Your name
- Your pickup location
- ALL of the items you usually pick up each week (i.e. Harvest Basket, eggs, bread, etc.)
- The date you plan to pick up your Harvest Basket at the farm.
I’ll reply to your email with detailed pick up instructions from our walk-in cooler at the farm.
We need to hear from you by this Friday, November 22nd if you need special arrangements.
Winter Farmstand Going Strong
The farmstand is still open and well-stocked with all kinds of produce (even a few late tomatoes!). So far the weather has cooperated beautifully each week on our farmstand days. Miraculous.
We will continue to be open every Wednesday through December 11th from 10 am to 2 pm (including the Wednesday before Thanksgiving), so come stock up!
- Wednesday, November 27th 10-2
- Wednesday, December 4th, 10-2
- Wednesday, December 11th, 10-2
The Valley Flora Crystal Ball: What will most likely be in your THANKSGIVING SHARE…
No promises, but your tote might include some of the following (hopefully it will all fit!):
- Shallots – 1.5 pounds
- Brussels sprouts – 1 stalk (2 halves)
- Carrots – 1 to 2 pounds
- Celeriac – 1 to 2 heads
- Kale – 1 bunch
- Mixed herbs – thyme, rosemary, sage
- Parships – 3 pounds
- Yellow Finn Potatoes – 5 pounds
- Sunshine winter squash - 1
Please note: all of our produce is field-rinsed, not washed. We recommend you wash all of your produce before eating it.
For recipes and ideas, check out these links:
Our own collection of recipes, where you can contribute and share your favorites
Our website’s recipe “search engine,” where you can hunt down recipes by ingredient
A vast collection of recipes, searchable by one or multiple ingredients
A storehouse of recipes, searchable by ingredient
A Washington farm that has a good collection of seasonal recipes