- Red Beets
- Savoy Cabbage
- Winter Crisp Lettuce
- Yellow Onions
- Mixed Mini Daikon Radish
- Butternut Squash
The Holiday(s) Ahead: our Thanksgiving CSA Delivery Schedule and VF Gift Certificates!
We're rounding the bend into that time of year: Thanksgiving! Winter Solstice! Hannukah! Kwanzaa! Christmas! Which means it's:
A) Time to give you the spiel about our Thanksgiving CSA delivery schedule next week, see below (PAY ATTENTION SATURDAY CSA MEMBERS!!), and
B) Time to remind you that we have VALLEY FLORA GIFT CERTIFICATES! Yes, you heard right! (Here comes the shameless pitch about how Valley Flora gift certificates are the BEST present ever: local, sustainable, delicious, organic, versatile, healthy, full of love, fabulous in every way, AND they can be used at our farmstand, u-pick, and/or applied towards a CSA share!). There, that was the pitch. You can get them for any amount at our farmstand, or you can email us and we can drop one in the mail to you. Easy!
But back to thing #1: our Thanksgiving delivery schedule next week. Muy importante!
Here's the deal: next week is Thanksgiving. Because all of us here at the farm don't want to be working on Thursday, and because most of you want to be eating your VF goodies on Thursday, we do a crazy thing next week. We smoosh our entire 5 day work week into 2.5 days, Monday through Wednesday. I can't remember who's terrible idea this was many years ago (that's a lie, it was mine), but basically our team doubles down and pulls off an unimaginable feat of industrious efficiency so that we can all put our feet up for turkey day.
This means that NEXT WEEK ALL CSA SHARES GET DELIVERED ON WEDNESDAY, NOVEMBER 23rd (that includes you, Port Orford and Bandon!).
And furthermore, THERE IS NO CSA DELIVERY TO BANDON OR PORT ORFORD ON SATURDAY, NOVEMBER 26th! Please mark your calendars with big bold flourescent Sharpie so that you don't miss out on your food next week!
- For members who pick up at the farm and at Coos Head Food Co-op, nothing changes for you next week.
- For Bandon Members: Pick-up is on Wednesday, November 23rd between 10:30 and 5 pm at Well Within
- For Port Orford Members: Pick-up is on Wednesday, November 23rd between 8:30 and 5 pm at the Port Orford Co-op (please try to pick up before 11 am or after 3 pm to avoid congestion on the loading dock at POCC)
And for once, and just this once, I will tell you exactly what will be in your share next week so you can plan, scheme, flip through cookbooks and shop for other ingredients as needed at our farmstand (we're open this Saturday and next Wednesday 11:30 to 2:30 pm):
- Purple Brussels Sprouts - 1 stalk
- Carrots - 1 pound
- Celery - 1 head
- Rosemary - 3 big sprigs
- Shallots - 1+ pound
- Parsnips - hopefully 2-3 pounds, won't know until we dig them next week
- Yellow Potatoes - 3 pounds
- Rosalba Radicchio - 1 very pink head
- Autumn Frost Winter Squash - 2 squash, great for roasting or soup-making or anything that involves squash. Also beautiful decor for the Thanksgiving table.
OK, everyone repeat after me: "I will pick up my Thanksgiving CSA share next WEDNESDAY!"
AND finally, if you are going to be out of town next week we are more than happy to hold your Thanksgiving share in our cooler for late pickup from the farm when you return. In order to do this, I need you to email me by this Sunday, November 20th with your NAME, PICKUP Location, and the DATE you plan to retrieve your tote from our cooler at the farm.
Get ready to feast!