- Red Beets
- Yellow Onions
- Pie Pumpkin (in advance of Thanksgiving so you can make that homemade pumpkin pie!)
- Apples (Topaz for Wednesday CSA sites, Fuji for Saturday CSA sites)
- Violet Queen Turnips
- Pink Daikon
- White Cauliflower
Thanksgiving CSA Deliveries - PLEASE READ!
Thanksgiving is sneaking up fast this year! Our CSA delivery schedule will be different next week, so PLEASE READ the following:
Here's the dealio: Because all of us here at the farm don't want to be working on Thanksgiving day, and because most of you might want to be eating your VF veggies on Thursday, we do a crazy thing next week. We smoosh our entire 5 day work week into 2.5 days, Monday through Wednesday. I can't remember who's terrible idea this was many years ago (that's a lie, it was mine), but basically our team doubles down and pulls off an unimaginable feat of industrious efficiency to get all 130 CSA shares, all farmstand orders, and all wholesale orders packed and delivered by Wednesday.
The takehome is twofold:
- Next week ALL CSA SHARES GET DELIVERED ON WEDNESDAY, NOVEMBER 22nd (that includes you, Port Orford and Bandon, see below for times!).
- There is NO CSA DELIVERY TO BANDON OR PORT ORFORD ON SATURDAY, NOVEMBER 25th!
Please mark your calendars with big bold Sharpie so that you don't miss out on your food next week!
- For members who pick up at the farm and at Coos Head Food Co-op, it's business as usual: same time, same place next week.
- For Bandon Members: Pick-up is on Wednesday, November 22nd between 10:30 and 5 pm at Well Within
- For Port Orford Members: Pick-up is on Wednesday, November 23rd between 8:30 and 5 pm at the Port Orford Co-op (please try to pick up before 11 am or after 3 pm to avoid congestion on the loading dock at POCC)
And for once, and just this once, I will attempt to tell you exactly what will be in your share next week so you can plan, scheme, flip through cookbooks and shop for other ingredients as needed at our farmstand. We're open this Saturday and next Wednesday 11:30 to 2:30 pm. You can pre-order online (highly recommended) via our online store, or drop in to shop.
The Week 26 Thanksgiving Share:
- Brussels Sprouts - 1 stalk
- Carrots - 0.75 pound
- Shallots - 1+ pound
- Parsnips - hopefully 2+ pounds, won't know until we dig them next week
- Yellow Potatoes - 3 pounds
- Rosalba Radicchio - 1 very pink head
- Head Lettuce (unless we get a hard freeze before next week, unlikely)
- Autumn Frost Winter Squash - great for roasting or soup-making or anything that involves squash. Also beautiful decor for the Thanksgiving table
- TBD: Celery - 1 bunch
OK, everyone repeat after me: "I will pick up my Thanksgiving CSA share next WEDNESDAY!"
AND finally, if you are going to be out of town next week we are more than happy to hold your Thanksgiving share in our cooler for late pickup from the farm when you return. In order to do this, I need you to email me by this Sunday, November 19th with your NAME, PICKUP Location, and the DATE you plan to retrieve your tote from our cooler at the farm. We ask that late pick-ups come between 8 am and 5 pm, during daylight hours. Thanks!
Get ready to feast!