Makes 4 servings
2 Tbsp. olive oil
2-3 Tbsp. lemon pepper
1 Tbsp. dried rosemary
1 lb. new potatoes, scrubbed and dices
1 1/4 lbs. summer squash; combination zucchini, crookneck, etc., in 1 inch cubes
1 large red onion, cut into 1 inch chunks
1. Put oil, lemon pepper, rosemary (crush first) and potatoes into plastic bag. Shake well to coat.
2. Add squash to bag; shake again to coat.
3. Spread veggies on shallow baking pan. Roast at 400 degrees for 30 minutes. Increase oven temperature to 450 degrees, stir vegetables, and continue roasting until brown, about 20 minutes.
Makes 4 servings
Makes 6 servings
1 large onion, chopped
1/2 cup bell pepper, minced
1 clove garlic, minced
1 Tbsp. corn oil
1 cup corn kernels
1 lbs. summer squash and/or zucchini
4 roasted hot peppers, seeded and peeled (optional)
1/2 cup hot water
salt to taste
1. In heavy skillet over medium-high heat, saute onion, sweet pepper, and garlic in oil. Add corn; cook and stir until uniformly browned.
2. Cut squash into matchsticks. Cut chilies into long thin strips (try kitchen scissors). Add squash, chilies, water and salt in skillet.
3. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 15 minutes. Serve with hot tortillas.
- Sourdough bread, cut into 1″ cubes (about 3 cups)
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 clove of garlic, finely chopped
- 2 summer squash, sliced on a diagonal
- 1 bell pepper, seeded and cut into 1″ cubes (use red, orange, or yellow for nice color!)
- 6-8 cherry tomatoes cut in half, or chopped heirloom or slicing tomatoes
- 1/2 onion, cut in 1″ cubes
- 4-5 fresh basil leaves, cut in strips
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. On a baking sheet, spread out the chopped garlic, onion, squash, peppers and tomatoes and coat with one tablespoon olive oil. Roast for 15-18 minutes, stirring once, until just starting to soften and release juices.
- In a large frying pan, heat the remaining two tablespoons of oil. Toss in the bread cubes and season lightly with salt and freshly-ground pepper. Cook over medium heat, stirring frequently until the cubes are crusty and slightly browned. Remove from heat and set aside to cool.
- To make vinaigrette dressing, firmly whisk together all ingredients until blended. Season to your tastes with salt and pepper.
- In your serving bowl, toss together the bread cubes and vegetables. Pour dressing over the bread and vegetable mixture and then set aside for thirty minutes to let it absorb the flavors. Before serving, stir in strips of fresh basil.