The strawberries keep surprising us. We've had our best harvest of the year in the past couple of weeks, go figure in mid-September! We've opened up lots of beds for u-pick and the fruit is big, sweet and deep red. Now's the time to fill the freezer and make jam!
The U-pick is open on Wednesdays and Saturdays, from 11 am until 2:30 pm, or until the patch is picked out. If the berries get picked out before 2:30 pm, we will close early. Apologies that we can't promise an exact range of open picking hours. If you are traveling a distance to the farm and you are hoping to do a big pick, we recommend getting to the farm at 11 to guarantee there will be enough berries to justify your trip.
Inside Tip: We usually have more beds open for u-pick on Wednesdays than on Saturdays. That's because the berries have one more day to ripen over the weekend so there is more fruit to go around on Wednesday.
Remember that our strawberry season goes ALL SUMMER LONG, into September! We mainly grow a day-neutral variety called Seascape that yields from May until the fall rains arrive in earnest. It's a long, lovely season so there is ample time to fill your freezer and your belly!
Keep in mind that we will be implementing some new policies to keep everyone safe in the strawberry patch this season in the context of COVID-19:
- Face masks will be required for all u-pickers, including children over the age of 2. We will have handsewn facemasks available for purchase at the u-pick if you do not have your own.
- The u-pick stand will be set up in our field opposite the original farmstand this season with a dedicated person staffing it. Please park nose-in in the designated parking area on the left just after you cross the bridge over Floras Creek.
- Everyone will be required to wash their hands before entering the strawberry patch and before checking out. We have handwashing facilities for your use in the field.
- We will be limiting the number of people in the field at any one time to one group per row, so you may experience some wait time when you arrive until a row opens up - kind of like waiting for a bowling lane :). If the patch is full when you arrive, please give Sarah, our u-pick manager, your name so she can put you on the waiting list. She will call your name when a row opens up.
- We're requiring all pickers to use our lined buckets for harvest; no outside containers for harvest please. Once your berries are weighed and paid for we can transfer them into your own containers to carry home.
Strawberries are $3/pound.
We accept cash, check and Farm Direct Nutrition Program coupons only; we cannot process credit cards or Oregon Trail cards in the field due to our rural, offline location.
Please leave no trace: take all garbage and personal items home with you.
No pets allowed.
Thanks for respecting these guidelines, and happy picking!